Monday, January 26, 2015

Don't Run on Empty

Many people know that I’ve been a runner most of my life. I started running cross country at a young age and ran through college. As an adult I still run on a regular basis including 5 & 10k’s and half marathons. I love this time of year in Kentucky as people begin training for the Triple Crown.

I know a lot of others who love to hit the pavement as their way to reduce stress and drop pounds. I also get a lot of new runners asking for training tips for building up their endurance and running performance.

Fueling your body is key. Now that I drink Shakeology on a daily basis, it’s very clear how much it’s not only helped my nutrition, but it’s also helped my endurance and athletic performance. Last year I ran a 5k breaking my own personal record from over 10 years ago. It’s literally my secret weapon. It helps sustain your energy levels and keeps you from hitting the invisible “wall”.  It also provides immediate nutrition to replace the calories that are burned and provides sustained nourishment to help muscle recovery. 
 
Shakeology has about 18 grams of protein and vital complex carbs in every serving. It’s also packed with all natural nutrition from some of the most nutrient-dense foods on earth loaded with amino acids, vitamins, minerals and more than 20 different antioxidants, enzymes and phytonutrients.

These are not typical things that I would take in on a daily basis before I started drinking it. I’m a picky eater so the $40 in nutrition that is in one glass I probably didn’t get in a week's worth of meals. There are some key ingredients that are worth noting.
 
Energy Boosting Ingredients:
  • Chia meal (seed): Gives an energy & endurance boost with omega-3 and -6 fats, protein, fiber, and essential trace minerals.
  • Maca Powder (root): Helps increase stamina and energy levels.
  • Holy Basil Powder (leaf): Promoter of energy and athletic performance.
  • Kamut Grass: Promotes high energy with protein, vitamins, and complex carbohydrates.

Including Shakeology in your training will help enhance your overall stamina and endurance to tackle those long runs. Set some new records for yourself in 2015!
 
Shakeology is available in bulk packages that last 30 days, as well as single serve packaging with 24 packets.  It comes in a variety of flavors (chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, and greenberry). There are also vegan options.

No comments:

Post a Comment